To be honest I cut my hair because I wanted a change. It wasn't until after I cut it that I realized how much of a change it created. This may sound cliche but I kind of feel free. I don't know how to explain it but there's something so exhilarating about cutting your hair. Now that it’s short I feel more inclined to color and straighten it. I'm not as concerned because I know I can just cut it off and start over again lmao. Here’s a list of things that I think are useful when cutting your hair:
1. It’s going to take some time to adjust to having shorter hair.
2. If the cut ain’t right, you won’t feel right. So make sure you find a stylist that you trust will achieve the style you want.
3. You can always go shorter so start off with a little wiggle room. Nine times out of ten you’ll want to go shorter, after the initial cut. Live in the style and if you want to cut it shorter you always can later.
4. It feels like your hair grows so much faster after you cut it. Well at least for me it does.
5. Own your confidence. I was talking to a friend before I cut my hair and she was telling me “You have to really like your face with a short cut”.
Short hair has really forced me to embrace the skin that I’m in. It’s also revealed to me other features I love about myself that I didn’t notice before. So far I’m loving my hair and enjoying the length that it is. Will I ever grow it long again? Probably, I just haven't got to that point yet. Has anyone else drastically cut their hair? Comment below about your experience.