1. Color Safe Shampoo- One day I had a client ask me if labels on products matter or do all products do the same thing? My response: Yes, they do matter. That's the reason the labels are there, so you know what to use them for. With that said, if your hair is colored, I recommend using a color safe shampoo.
2. Stay away from extremely hot water- This is just a general tip. Hot water can lead to dry hair which is the last thing your hair needs. I'm not saying you have to wash your hair in cold water, just not piping hot. This is mainly for those people that wash their hair in the shower. I'm guilty of it sometimes too.
3. Treatments, treatments, and more treatments- After each color client I always recommend they come back for treatments. Right now my two favorites are Olaplex and Kadus Post Color Treatment. They work wonders! If your on a budget you can also do treatments at home.
4. Trim your hair regularly- I know all of my clients reading this are probably like "We Know". If I had a dollar for every time I said this. It's so true though "Trims are Great".
5. Use less heat- (Especially if your hair is bleached)- There's some clients hair I refuse to straighten because of their hair color (you know who you are). The less heat the better. Let me be clear before I get a bunch of messages. You can use heat, just don't over do it. Like don't be trying to straighten your hair every day. I don't care if that one piece got puffy lol, wrap your hair at night.
Well that concludes my tips for the day. I hope you find them useful. If you have any questions feel free to post them in the comments section. Don't be shy, ask away!